Sunday, June 06, 2004

Passing of a good Man
Though I don't remember much of his presidency, one of the best presidents in the history of America passed away this weekend (in case you hadn't heard). The media deemed Reagan as the "Great Communicator" however I don't know how much of his popularity and sucess with America was actually that he was a good communicator but rather, I think a lot of his success can be attributed to integrity, honesty, and moral values that many Americans could relate to. Reagan, a very right-winged president, was from California, a generally very left-winged state. In fact, (this was quite shocking to me) Reagan had quite possibly the largest land-slide victory in his race for Governor of California in the history of the state!! AMAZING.

Although he hasn't been very function over the past 10 years since his diagnosis of alzheimer's, I hope that the impact he had on this country will live on and that in my lifetime we may have more politicians with the moral values and integrity that he displayed.

No comments: